Hello lovely people!
Once again, I apologize for the delay in posting today. I have got to step up my game and be more consistent in getting my posts up in the mornings. In the world of academic advising, this is an extremely busy week for us since registration for Spring classes has begun! So for today, it is going to be brief.
I am thankful for a LOT of things. I could probably write a novel about all of the blessings in my life, but I have chosen to share a few that stick out to me at this present moment. So for everything/everyone I neglect to include, don’t take it personally. I’m thankful for you too!
1. My Bible Study Group–I am thankful for each and every person in this group, starting with our facilitators, Phil & Ramona. The fact that they were willing to take time out of their week to meet with us young kids and share their wisdom/love/experiences means the world to me. Their story is amazing to me and I feel beyond blessed to have them in my life. I am also thankful for the group of us guys & girls who have become comfortable with one another and have been able to share openly and honestly with one another to foster growth in our spiritual journeys.
2. My Student-Athletes–I am thankful for the students that I mentor and have the privilege of working with on a daily basis. They never fail to put a smile on my face, teach me something new, and surprise me with their talents. Even though I come from a completely different background as these guys/girls, we are always able to find a common ground and form a neat relationship. To see the growth in them over the course of their academic and athletic year amazes me.
3. My co-workers–We are came from different states, played different sports, and grew up in a wide-range of family environments, but we all share a passion for academics and athletics. I know that I can go into any of their offices and be guaranteed that I will leave in better spirits than I came in. Despite the craziness of our days and dilemmas we face, we maintain a fun and upbeat atmosphere in which I look forward to coming into every morning.
4. My Boyfriend–Jordan Hawley is one of a kind. You won’t meet a guy like him everyday, but I am so thankful I did. I admire where is is spiritually and I am so thankful that he challenges me every single day. I am thankful for his engaging, energetic, and passionate personality which lights up a room. I appreciate his
lack of filter honesty, advice, encouragement, and knowledge. Even though we are completely different in how we think and act, it just works. He makes me feel like I am funny, valuable, and have potential for so much in this world. I feel safe with him and most importantly, have a blast with him every time we are together. Thank you Lord for keeping Jordan in Columbia and allowing me to meet him!
5. Life–This may be super obvious and simple, but I am so incredibly thankful for the life God has given me. Through all my experiences, I have seen the reasons why He put me through those. I look forward to what it is in store for me over the course of my life here on Earth. Life is precious, and I feel so blessed.
Big News: I have decided I need a change so this evening I am going to get a haircut and some color done. Loving these new “lobs (long bobs) so I am going for one! Who else would I have as my inspiration, except the one and only Jennifer Aniston…
I hope I come to work tomorrow looking like her!! J/k but I am going for a similar look so here goes nothing. I will post some pictures next Monday 🙂 After all, hair grows back anyway, right??
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Have a great Thursday evening & weekend! Jordan’s parents are coming into town today so I am looking forward to getting to know them better this weekend and also, it is homecoming weekend so GO TIGERS!!!
Let your light shine!